Teacher of Science - ref: TV37918
St Thomas More Catholic School,
Darlaston Lane, Willenhall, West Midlands WV14 7BL
Telephone: 01902 368798
Fax: 01902 630380
Required for January 2019
Teacher of Science
Full time - Permanent plus a One year fixed term contract (Maternity Leave)
Main Scale / UPS (£22,917.00 to £38,633.00 PA pro rata part time)
Governors are seeking to appoint enthusiastic and highly motivated Teachers of Science, specifically a Physicist and a Chemist. The ideal candidates will share our vision to raise standards and make a significant contribution to providing the best possible education for the children in our school. St Thomas More is a good school (Ofsted 2016) committed to high standards of growth and professional development. Applications are welcome from NQTs.
- Demonstrate consistently good or outstanding classroom practice.
- Be a passionate advocate of the subject, who contributes effectively to the department and whole school improvement plans.
- Able to teach across the full age and ability range at age 11-19.
- An ability or desire to teach A Level.
- Be able to drive forward academic outcomes for SEN students throughout the school.
- Be eager to become a supportive Form Tutor.
- Be able and willing to make a full contribution to the Catholic life of the school.
- Have high expectations of self and others.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be flexible and a good team player.
- Have leadership experience in Science
- A drive to extend your leadership experience.
We welcome and encourage informal visits. To request an application form, obtain further details or arrange a visit, please contact Christine Gobsill on 01902 368798 ext 1003 email: email@example.com or download the application pack from our website.
Closing date: 1200 noon Friday 5th October 2018
Interviews will be held on: Monday 15th October 2018
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.