We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised and flexible individual to join our busy Housing Team to monitor the Council’s temporary accommodation supply and allocate appropriate temporary accommodation to homeless households on request. This will involve co-ordinating moves into and out of temporary accommodation, keeping accurate records and monitoring payments.
Experience of working in a busy customer focused environment would be an advantage however the most important qualities you will possess are; excellent organisational and IT skills; a willingness to learn and develop new knowledge and skills; the flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the service; and a proactive and motivated attitude.
In return we can offer you a positive working environment, opportunities for training and development, flexible working hours and a minimum of 25 days annual leave.
You will be working in a busy front-line housing service and no two days will be the same. You will work with Housing Solutions Officers to provide temporary accommodation to homeless households and keep accurate records of placements. This will include ensuring that housing and welfare benefit claims are in payment and that households are prepared for and can sustain future tenancies.
• Knowledge of temporary accommodation duties and arrangements
• Experience of keeping accurate records
• Knowledge of welfare benefits including Universal Credit
• Excellent organisational, administrative, prioritisation and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong team player
• Excellent IT skills
• Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to explain complex information simply
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a friendly, non-judgemental, approachable, sensitive and customer oriented approach
If you want an informal discussion about the role please contact Emma Jordan, Housing Welfare and Options Team Manager, on 01905 722589 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 30 September 2018Supporting documents
Role Profile Placement Officer.v3 (2).pdf