Temporary Teacher of Design & Technology KS2 & 3 (Codsall Middle School)
Required from January 2019 a Temporary Teacher of Design & Technology KS2 & 3 – MPS (full or part time to be negotiated).
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher to join a forward looking and ambitious Teaching Community. Applications from both NQTs and more experienced colleagues are welcomed. In the first instance the post will be for a long term maternity cover and could be either part time or full time, with the addition of a small amount of general teaching.
Codsall Middle School is a vibrant successful school, with energetic learners and ambitious, innovative teaching staff. We are significantly oversubscribed and are part of Codsall Multi Academy Trust.
Our last Inspection (2013) confirmed that we are a good school. We have made significant progress in all key areas since then.
"Pupils of all ages make good progress in reading, writing and mathematics to reach standards that are well above average" (Ofsted 2013)
"Pupils are keen to learn and their good behaviour has a very positive impact on their learning." (Ofsted 2013)
If you can offer us:
- a passion for the subject
- an ability to teach a variety of technology specialist areas for example Resistant Materials, Textiles and Food Technology
- a commitment to achieving excellence for all
- a talent for motivating and challenging students
- an interest in supporting extra-curricular activities
- a desire to take risks, challenge and work at the cutting edge of curriculum provision
In return we can offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to join a highly successful department
- A dedicated, enthusiastic and friendly team of staff
- An excellent opportunity to teach well-motivated pupils
- A good school (Ofsted 2013) ready to be recognised as outstanding
- Opportunity for both local and nationally recognised professional development
Further details and application pack can be found on the school website
Applications should preferably be made electronically and sent to:
We would encourage interested candidates to visit the school prior to application, please contact Mrs Griffin at the school on 01902 843177 to arrange a convenient time.
Closing date: Monday 1st October 2018 – 9.00 am
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.