Headteacher - Sacred Heart Primary School
Required for Spring Term 2019
Would you like to join our very successful school as we continue our exciting journey? At Sacred Heart we began our journey towards becoming a 2FE Primary school by moving to a brand new school in April 2017 on the Coneygre site.
Due to the retirement of our longstanding and highly respected Headteacher, the Governors, pupils and staff are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, inspirational and caring Headteacher to continue the growth and development of our happy and welcoming school.
We are a school where everyone has high expectations of each other. Pupils’ learning and high standards are at the core of all aspects of school life. Success at Sacred Heart is for pupils to achieve, not only high levels of attainment and progress, but also to develop a love of learning, and a breadth of interest and skills which continue into later life.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational leader who is passionate and dynamic and who will continue the growth and development of our thriving, expanding school.
The successful candidate must be someone who works effectively in a team and can inspire as a leader. They must be able to demonstrate that they value every pupil’s progress and ensure achievement is maximised. Our new Headteacher will enjoy the support of a dedicated, hardworking staff and Governing Body.
The Governing Body are looking for a strong and inspirational leader who has:
- Proven experience of working successfully as a Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher
- A demonstrable track record of achievement as a confident and resilient leader with the ability to manage and inspire staff, to encourage them to achieve the best outcomes for our pupils and themselves, enabling them all to reach their full potential
- Experience of leading teams, monitoring teaching and learning, and experience of successfully leading whole school improvement and raising standards. focus on school improvement
- A positive ‘can do’ approach to change
- The enthusiasm and empathy required to be an outstanding leader
We can offer:
- A caring, welcoming and well located school, within a happy and secure environment
- Friendly children who have a positive approach to learning, supported by parents who are engaged with the work of the school
- The opportunity to make a difference and to continue to take our school forwards
- An effective, enthusiastic and supportive Governing Body
This appointment represents a real opportunity to take this highly respected school onto the next stage in its expansion to becoming a 2FE Primary school. If you feel that you are a dynamic and inspirational leader with the capacity to grow and develop in the role; show initiative; have passion and enthusiasm; a thorough knowledge of all Key Stages and the ambition to lead our school forward then we would love to hear from you.
Ofsted (Feb 2015) judged our school to be ‘Good’ overall, with ‘Outstanding’ judgements in Leadership and Management; Early Years and Behaviour and Safety. Our aim now is to be 'Outstanding' overall.
“The leadership team has a fine track record of improving many aspects of the school consistently over several years. School leaders have been successful in getting staff to work very closely together and to share the school’s drive to provide the very best education for the pupils and prepare them for their future lives in Britain.”
Sandwell Council and Sacred Heart Primary are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Therefore, an enhanced DBS clearance is required for this role.
Application forms are available from school; via the Sandwell Council website and www.wmjobs.co.uk. Completed forms can be sent directly to school or by email to the Clerk to Governors email@example.com Please ensure application forms are signed if sending via email. You are welcome to come and visit us at school and can make an appointment by phoning Stacey Jackson/Hayley Kirkham (Office Manager) on 0121 557 1511. This number can also be used to request an application pack by post.
Closing date: Friday 21st September 2018
Shortlisting: Monday 24th September 2018 (Governors’ Selection Committee)
Interviews : w/b Monday 24th September 2018 tbc (Governors’ Selection Committee)
Leadership 15-21 £55,600 - £63,779 (under review due to continued expansion to Group 3 school)
Sacred Heart Primary School, Sedgley Road East, Tipton DY4 8UH
Friday 21st September 2018Supporting documents