Family Support Officer (Forest Park Primary School)
Are you dedicated to making a difference to children’s lives?
Do you share our vision to “Sparkle and promote a love of learning”? (Ofsted 2017)
We are a dynamic, large inner city school who pride ourselves on being unique. Our delightful children thrive in our nurturing environment. They are always eager to learn and show exemplary behaviour. Ofsted 2017 judged our pupils to be “inquisitive, kind, polite and courteous.”
Responsible for school attendance and managing the family support service and work effectively with other agencies to improve outcomes for pupils.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsible for assuring school attendance and devising strategies and action plans for pupils whose attendance is falling.
- Analyse attendance information and data to identify and work with pupils who have poor attendance or are at risk of developing poor attendance.
- Follow up lack of response to first day contact and other contacts by home visiting or meeting parent/carers in school.
- Support, challenge, motivate and provide information to parents/carers to increase their capacity for parenting.
- Manage the delivery of the family support service in line with the school plan and budget.Work in partnership with external agencies to support attendance initiatives, campaigns, parental responsibility measures and school attendance.
- Support the identification of alternative provision for pupils with persistent absence.
- Advise on effective family support for school staff and families and disseminate good practice.
- Prepare reports on attendance for the senior leadership team and governing body; ensure maintenance of accurate and factual records.
- Develop links with pupils who are transferring into the school to promote the school ethos of regular attendance.
- Manage caseloads and maintain casework documentation.
- Establish and manage Service Level Agreements with service providers.
- Develop and deliver a programme of family-related activities to meet the needs of the school community.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post.
Application packs are available on the school website www.forestpark.org.uk
Interested candidates are welcome to visit the school at 3.45pm on Tuesday 18th September 2018.
Please contact the school office on 01782 234979 to arrange a visit.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively posted to:
Miss S L Irving
Forest Park Primary School