Teaching Assistant Level 2
- Are you passionate about supporting students to enable them to reach their full potential and increase their life chances?
- Are you patient, caring and resilient?
- Do you have good knowledge of the secondary school curriculum and of supporting students with SEND and SEMH difficulties?
Then the post of Teaching Assistant Level 2 could be for you and you will be joining TCS at an exciting time, following our most recent Ofsted Report (May 2016): when we were judged as "Good" in all areas.
Working in the Inclusion Team, the Learning Support Assistant is a role that benefits both the students and the school. It has been designed to enable vulnerable students to reach their full potential, those who require a holistic programme of support and/ or alternative provision.
We can offer:
- Committed, welcoming and supportive staff
- Opportunities to collaborate with other support staff across the Partnership and within local hubs
- An excellent range of professional learning opportunities within the school and within the Arthur Terry Learning Partnership
- A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team who are passionate about the school and the local community
Your role will include helping vulnerable students to overcome their barriers to learning, supporting access to the curriculum and acting as a role model, whilst working with families and support agencies. Extra-curricular opportunities will be developed for the students on your caseload and you will work closely with other departments.
You will work on a full time basis supporting student's behaviour and learning in and outside of the class. Having good knowledge of the mainstream curriculum, under direction you will work with other members of the team to lead withdrawal sessions that supplement the main teaching within the class but also to deliver interventions which accelerate progress.
Please visit: www.thecoleshillschool.org for an application form and further information about our school, or contact Yvonne Holder, Recruitment Manager on 01675 432022, e-mail: email@example.com to arrange a visit or an informal discussion about the post. Completed application forms to be returned by email to Yvonne Holder.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.Supporting documents