Sandwell Academy has a strong reputation as a school of excellence. Staff and students enjoy a professional and focused approach to education, which is seen across the entire campus. The Academy has outstanding facilities encompassed in its modern, purpose built buildings. Students enjoy great success at the Academy, supported by the strong team ethos of our staff and our culture of celebrating achievement.
Working as part of the Inclusion team, you will assist in developing, implementing and evaluating the individual education plans and individual behaviour plans of students at the Academy. Full details of the role, the person specification and an application form can be downloaded below.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Some experience working as a Teaching Assistant in a classroom setting
- Hold a relevant qualification and have received training in ADHD
- An ability to work with the needs of the students and parents in our diverse community
- An ability to meet the needs and work with a number of young people in a busy classroom environment
- An ability to work with students in a small group situation
- Previous experience of working with students with ADHD and ODD
- A positive approach to working with our students, appreciating the benefits of working with young adults.
- Ability to organise and prioritise your own workload whilst working alone or as part of a team
- Highly developed organisational skills
- An eye for detail
- A dynamic personality including a capacity, drive, passion and energy to succeed
- High personal standards
- Excellent health and attendance record
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience or training related to working with children and young people
- A general desire to help and support children and young people from all backgrounds
Salary: £12,500 - £16,500 depending up on experience.
Hours: Mon-Thu 8.15am - 4.00pm, Fri 8.15am - 3.30pm, (33.25 hours per week) term time only plus training days.
Please submit completed applications to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 28 September 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be notified within a week of the closing date. After this date you can assume that your application has not been taken further on this occasion.
Sandwell Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children so you will need to take an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and therefore only applications submitted on the Academy's application form will be considered. We do not accept CV only applications.