Lead Manager - Adoption Central England (ACE)
The vision for ACE is to provide an innovative service to children, adoptive families and others affected by adoption. This is by offering lifelong support based on up-to-date evidence based practices and interventions and supported by modern technology. Could you deliver this vision?Who are we? ACE (Adoption Central England) is a Regional Adoption Agency (RAA) which is currently a partnership between the local authorities of Coventry, Solihull, Warwickshire and Worcestershire with voluntary sector input from Barnardo's and After Adoption. The RAA may develop in future to include other local authority partners. Warwickshire County Council hosts the regional adoption agency on behalf of the other local authorities which is a local authority shared service.
Supported by a strong management and staff team, this role provides you with the opportunity to take the senior strategic lead in further developing and delivering this service in partnership and on behalf of the local authorities.
Your over-arching focus will be to ensure that performance is raised to across the region – you will be required to closely monitor, manage and explain key performance measures.
You will be:
- Working closely with the Executive Board to agree priorities, policy and process changes - a key responsibility for you will then be to secure and maintain buy in from the multiple internal and external stakeholders who form the RAA.
- Attending national and regional development events to represent ACE at a regional and local level.
- Ensuring all staff operate consistently and in an integrated way across the 4 office bases.
- Ensuring that a high performing culture is embedded bringing together the effective practices based on experience and research.
- Delivering the best possible service to all service users and positive and timely outcomes to children and families.
A strong partnership worker, analytically minded and able to inspire energy and pace, you will need to have a history that documents your skills in negotiation, innovation and outstanding team management. These characteristics will see you well equipped to lead the strategic development and service delivery within ACE.
You will have:
- Management experience drawn from working successfully in complex environments and of managing managers,
- The ability to motivate others and work in partnership/collaboration at a local, sub regional, regional and national level,
- Substantial service development or change management experience
- Evidence of the way you have successfully driven projects to meet outcomes.
If we have just described you, there are a couple of further mandatory things you must have in order to apply:
- You must be a HCPC registered social worker
- You need evidence of your management experience in Children’s Social Care - this must include experience of adoption work
- A detailed understanding of legislation, regulations and statutory guidance relating to Adoption and Children's Services is also essential.
- A recognised management qualification.
If you have the expertise described, enthusiasm and ambition required to deliver on this high profile, critical organisational priority, we would like to hear from you.
Please visit our website for more information: https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/adoption
Additional Information & How to Apply
For an informal confidential discussion, please contact John Coleman, Warwickshire County Council on behalf of the ACE Executive Board. Telephone 01926 410410 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing Date: Tuesday 16 October 2018
Interview Date: Friday 23 November 2018
To apply for this vacancy please click on the ‘Apply’ button.
Our method of application is online, you will also be required to upload a supporting statement of how you meet the essential criteria.
Please note, CV’s should not been submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on email@example.com, including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification