Educational Psychologist - Ref:- CH14618
Educational Psychologist – Ref:- CH14618
Salary: £37,173 - £46,044 plus up to 3 SPA points. A Market Supplement of £3,000 currently applies to this post. This is subject to review in March 2019.
Walsall Educational Psychology Service is a creative and supportive service which is looking to recruit qualified Educational Psychologists to join our growing team.
Walsall EPS is situated within the Special Educational Needs, Disability and Inclusion Service and has strong links with the Access and Achievement Service, including School Improvement and Integrated Behaviour Support Service, as well as health and social care colleagues. We are continuing to develop our traded service, and are delivering a balance of work, including statutory work, core work (including Early Years, critical incident support and support for vulnerable children and young people with EHCPs) and a range of psychological support being traded to schools and settings. Walsall EPS is highly regarded by schools and settings and demand for the traded service remains high. Walsall Council recognises the value of Educational Psychology at an operational and strategic level and we are seeking to increase our capacity to meet the growing demands.
Walsall EPS is a dynamic service with lots of exciting opportunities and advantages, including:
- the opportunity for all EPs to develop an area of specialism
- the opportunity for all EPs to contribute to service development initiatives and central training
- the opportunity for all EPs to engage in a range of professional development activities, including access to a programme of team CPD/development days
- working in a centrally based service with a strong team identity and regular opportunities for peer supervision and support
- free onsite parking at central office base
- access to good admin support
- a flexi-time system and agile working
- access to a range of opportunities to promote positive mental health and wellbeing, including access to Yoga classes on site
We would be interested in hearing from qualified Educational Psychologists as well as those in Year 2 or 3 of professional training.
All applicants must hold the relevant professional qualification and be registered with the HCPC.
This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers.
Walsall Council takes seriously the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all the children and young people entrusted to our care and it is our expectation that all staff will share this commitment. We will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust recruitment processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. Completion of an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check is a requirement for working with children and young people.
For an informal discussion please contact Emma Thornbery, Lead Educational Psychologist & Strategic Support Manager 01922 652860.
Closing date: 30 September 2018
Shortlisting date: 2 October 2018
Interview date: 10 October 2018
Job description and employee specification
Information for applicants