Strategic Lead (Early Years)
Warwickshire County Council and Coventry City Council are working closely together to establish Early Years education at the heart of both education strategies.
37.0 Hours per Week
2 Year Fixed Term with option to extend to 3 years.
To be the strategic lead for the Early Years agenda in Warwickshire & Coventry;
• To lead and coordinate delivery to WE1 in the Warwickshire Education Strategy
• To champion the best possible educational outcomes for all children in the Early Years, in particular ensure that the needs of vulnerable pupils are met in order to reduce inequality of outcomes.
• To lead and manage the LA strategies and initiatives to improve the educational performance of all children in the Early Years, for sufficiency of places and for early years SEND across both authorities.
• Ensure early intervention strategies are in place for Early Years settings that begin to cause concern and enable them to make rapid improvement across both authorities.
• Contribute towards the development of a self-improving system, focusing on the capacity of schools and settings to improve children’s life chances through narrowing the attainment gap at the end of Early Years Foundation Stage across both authorities.
• Ensure the delivery of statutory and non-statutory strategic functions across both authorities with regard to Early Years, including for Sufficiency and for SEND, within budget.
• Contribute to the business generation aims of Early Years, through the expansion / commissioning / brokering of services to non-priority schools and settings on a traded basis across both authorities, ensuring that these do not detract from delivery to statutory functions
• Work closely with other Service Managers and external agencies to ensure continuity of service, consistency of approach and quality and efficient delivery of service, particularly in respect of support for Early Years leaders in schools and settings across both authorities.
- Head Teacher Experience
- Accredited OfStEd Inspector
- Masters level qualification in Education or Management
- Good knowledge of strategic planning
- Understanding of how a county council functions and the main challenges and constraints it faces
For further information please see the attached Job Description & Person Specification.
Additional Information & How to Apply
For further information about the role please contact the hiring manager: Chris Malone - 01926 742588 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 17th September 2018
Interview Date: 21st September 2018
To apply for this vacancy please click on the ‘Apply’ button.
Our method of application is online, you will also be required to upload a supporting statement of how you meet the essential criteria.
Please note, CV’s should not been submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on email@example.com, including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Rewards & Benefits of working for Warwickshire
It really is true that every single job role here at Warwickshire County Council contributes to bettering the lives of the people in our County; we want to do this for our employees, too. We are proud of our strong flexible working culture, including the opportunity for flexibility on working hours, technology to support remote working (such as light laptops and phones where the role allows).
Time to recharge is so important; we provide a generous holiday allowance which rises as you remain in employment with us. You get all Bank and public holidays off, plus all staff are given an extra day of holiday over Christmas.
As if that wasn’t enough, you’ll also have access to membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a host of enhanced family friendly policies and some of the very best Learning and Development training courses to support your ongoing development.
For updates on our latest recruitment news and vacancies follow us on https://twitter.com/wccjobs
We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification
Warwickshire Education Strategy