Teaching Assistant: Additional Needs - Cooper Perry Primary School
4 days left
Cooper Perry Primary School
Part-time – 20 hours - Teaching Assistant: Additional Needs – Grade 4, SCP 13
To start – Monday 15th October 2018 (or as soon thereafter as possible)
The Headteacher and governors at Cooper Perry Primary School seek to recruit a temporary, part-time teaching assistant to support a KS1 pupil with additional needs. The post is a maternity cover. Working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 12.30pm.
Our Primary School is situated in the beautiful village of Seighford near Stafford. Our school motto is Aim high, Believe in yourself and Celebrate success together. The school was judged a “Good School” by Ofsted in December 2016. High standards of pupil attainment and progress endure across the school and our children’s wider sporting, artistic and community achievements continue to flourish. All staff members are committed to making sure we provide every child with a memorable and fulfilling experience of primary school, where they are given the opportunities to learn and grow as individuals in a safe and secure environment.
The person appointed will be experienced in supporting pupils with additional needs as part of a mainstream class team.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who:
- Has a minimum NVQ Level 2 for Teaching Assistants as well as English and Maths to minimum Grade C GCSE or equivalent
- Has experience of working to support children’s learning, gained in a relevant environment
- Can support the teacher in the implementation of Individual Behaviour Plans
- Can assist in the implementation of appropriate behaviour management strategies and adjusted learning activities
- Is aware of and supports difference, ensuring all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Can liaise effectively with teachers/parents/guardians, welfare officers and other professionals
We can offer the successful candidate:
- A stunning rural area and a well maintained school environment steeped in a history of success
- Confident, articulate children who are committed to achieving their very best
- A supportive staff team with a shared desire to take the school forward
- Interested parents and supportive governors
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school during the weeks beginning 17th September and 24th September 2018. Please contact the school office on 01785 282210 to arrange an appointment and we will gladly show you around the school of which we are all so proud.
Closing date for applications is – Friday 28th September 2018 4pm
Interviews will be week beginning – 1st October 2018
Mrs C. Dingle
Cooper Perry Primary School
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
School website address: www.cooperperry.staffs.sch.uk
An application pack can be obtained from this website - see below this advertisement.
Completed application forms, together with a completed Recruitment Monitoring Form and letter of application should be emailed directly to email@example.com or posted to the school at the above address.
Candidates selected for an interview will be notified by email or phone after the closing date. If you have not been contacted by Monday 1st October 2018, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.