Design and Technology Technician
Salary: Grade 3 / 4 dependent on specific knowledge and experience.
(Based on 35 hours per week, grade 4, starting scale point 18, £15,267 per annum)
Hours: 30- 35 hours per week, term time only plus 5 training days
We are ideally looking for an experienced Technician for our Design and Technology Faculty.
Under the direction of the Head of Faculty, you will be required to provide technical support services, including the preparation of materials, setting up of equipment for class practical sessions and maintaining equipment for use in order to meet the practical needs of the DT curriculum
Ideally we required someone who can work Monday to Friday 8.30 to 4.00pm however we could be flexible for the right experienced person. Dependent on the experience and qualifications you possess will determine the rate of pay.
We are looking for a person who has:
• Knowledge of safe usage, operation, serviceability, maintenance and correct application of a wide range of machinery, equipment, tools and materials and associated specialist tooling etc.
• Experience of using own initiative to solve problems
• Experience of giving and advice and guidance to others on use of relevant DT machinery, tools, equipment and materials
• Engineering design and construction techniques and solutions
• Comprehensive understanding of design and technology methodologies and practices
We can offer you:
• A competitive salary.
• Local Government pension scheme.
• Excellent training opportunities.
• Reduced Gym memberships.
• An opportunity to work in an outstanding continuing developing school.
Woodrush High School is an oversubscribed 11-18 mixed Academy and has an excellent reputation locally and nationally. Our last three Ofsted inspections have been graded ‘Outstanding’ and we work hard as a team to continually strive to improve. We are a designated Teaching School and a National Support School committed to educational innovation. We are situated in a pleasant suburban area on the borders of Birmingham, Solihull and Worcestershire only 5 minutes from Junction 3 of the M42.
Woodrush High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Posts are subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service. CVs will not be accepted in place of an application form.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
To find out what we can offer you working at Woodrush and for more information on our school please download our application pack from our website. Details can also be found on how to apply. Please remember to state on your letter of application the number of hours you wish to work and your possible start date.
Alternatively please contact Mrs Jarvis on 01564 820095 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to have a pack emailed or posted out to you.
Closing date Monday 24th September 2018
Interviews to take place soon after