Class Teacher - Castle Wood School
3-11yrs: Broad Spectrum Special Primary 128 pupils
• Do you want to be part of an outstanding, outward looking and creative school?
• Have you considered teaching in specialist provision? Please come and visit us.
Castle Wood is an outstanding broad spectrum Special Primary School. We are passionate about teaching and learning and making a difference in children’s lives.
“Children first” is central to our ethos and we are firmly rooted in Early Years practice and principles throughout our school, which is OFSTED recognised.
“An innovative approach has been implemented to offer a rich and varied programmes to pupils. Outstanding teaching is characterised by lively, creative and imaginative learning. “(Ofsted 2015)
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and inspiring teacher to join our hardworking supportive and welcoming staff. The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge of Early Years practice and principles and be keen to demonstrate innovation and excellence in their classroom practice.
Applicants are welcome from mainstream and special background.
We are looking for teachers with
• outstanding classroom practice
• vision and a thirst to deepen knowledge and practice
• personal skills and qualities required to form positive relationships with parents and carers
• ambition for themselves and their pupils
We will provide:
• personalised Continuing Professional Learning
• opportunities to work with experts from a range of disciplines
• opportunities to work beyond the school
• committed and supportive colleagues
• supportive governors and parents.
Maternity Cover – initially 6 months – (until post holder returns)
Visits to the school are encouraged
Further details are available by contacting the school on 02476709060 or email email@example.com.
An application pack is available to download below and is returnable direct to the school at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 28th September 2018 at 12.00 noon
Interview date: week commencing 8th October 2018
Please note that only successful applicants will be informed. If you have not had a response by then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Equal Opportunites Form.doc
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf