Senior Early Years Practitioner - Carmountside Primary Academy
Carmountside Primary Academy
Carmountside Primary Academy and Preschool are looking to appoint a motivated, energetic and enthusiastic Early Years Practitioner to join our hardworking and committed friendly team. The position is temporary in the first instance.
You will be working as part of a professional, fun and enthusiastic staff team, promoting excellent standards of care throughout the setting. You will be someone who has previously worked in a good or outstanding Early Years provision and have a strong understanding of EYFS.
The suitable applicant will have :
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Early Years, CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education or NNEB or equivalent and three years post qualifying experience
- Experience of working and leading in an Early Years setting with children aged 0-5 years
- Confidence to support and manage Early Years Practitioners and Apprentices within our Preschool ensuring the highest possible quality provision
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and experience of working with children with special educational needs and disabilities
- Excellent understanding of Early Years Foundation Stage and be able to support Children’s learning and development through planning creative play experiences based on individual interests and needs
- Ensure all records are kept accurately
- Regular and effective communication with parents/carers
- Manage day to day ratios of children, manage resources and ensure staff are appropriately deployed throughout the Preschool
- Confidence using IT packages for recording and monitoring
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
- Paediatric First Aid (Desirable)
Responsible to: Assistant Head/Early Years Manager
Salary will be pro rata to term time only, working Monday to Friday 37 hours per week during the school term.
We would very much like you to visit our school, to meet the staff and children and to discuss the post.
Please telephone the school on 01782 234676 to arrange a visit.
Closing date for applications - Friday 28th September
Interviews – Tuesday 2nd October
Carmountside Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Application packs are available by contacting Mrs Kay Edwards on 01782 234676 or emailing email@example.com