Hours: 37.0 Hours per Week
We are looking for an experienced Programme Officer to join our dedicated team within the Managed Growth and Communities Directorate.
Within this fast paced environment, you will undertake effective programme management, including benefits realisation for a range of projects, some of which are externally funded. You will play a key role in supporting project development, and providing compliance advice to ensure funder and audit regulations are met.
You will have:
- At least a level 4 relevant qualification, or through extended experience , the ability to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of project and programme development and monitoring
- Experience of the development, analysis and tracking of budgetary and performance data to assess project and programme performance.
- Ideally you will also have significant experience working with externally funded projects
- Data management skills with the ability to analyse and interpret complex information
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to build effective relationships with partners and key stakeholders.
- The ability to manage your own workload, to organise and prioritise competing work demands and meet tight deadlinesIn return, you will be supported by a programme of continuous training and development, whilst working in a friendly environment where you have the opportunity to make a positive contribution to help strengthen local economies and supports regeneration and investment across the region.
We also offer a range of flexible and agile working arrangements, an extensive wellbeing offer, as well as a number of other benefits including staff discounts and a career average pension scheme.
This is a three year externally funded fixed term contract.
We would consider a secondment arrangement subject to the agreement of all parties.
The post is funded through the West Midlands Combined Authority and will be employed by Solihull MBC and based at the Council House in Solihull.
For an information discussion about this post, please contact Liz Grove on 0121 704 6010, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: To be held on Wednesday 29th October 2018.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Not required.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Programme Officer JDPS Sept 2018.docx