Power BI Specialist
You will design and implement an online data profiler tool for the easy storage and retrieval of local health system data at any bespoke geography to enable us to deliver a new neighbourhood level “place-based” Joint Strategic Needs Assessment and performance dashboard reporting for the city.
You will have the opportunity to shape the future of local neighbourhood level business intelligence for the Coventry Health and Wellbeing Board, enabling local commissioners across the NHS, people in public health and social care, councillors and representatives of HealthWatch to have the information to make better decisions for health and care systems.
Fixed term until 30th November 2019
- First degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS, or a related field, or equivalent experience. Additional training in qualitative or quantitative research, statistics/informatics or epidemiology desirable.
- Business intelligence, in particular, Microsoft Excel and Power BI skills.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of business intelligence, dashboard development.
- An interest in health and care reform.
- Ability to write SQL, in particular Transact SQL statements advantageous.
The Insight Team enables and delivers Insight to shape and influence a culture of evidence-based action with the Council, communities and partners for the benefit of Coventry.
It does so by:
- supporting the application of standards to deliver outcomes;
- maximising collaboration and effective partnerships;
- promoting evaluation and learning to enable others; and
- valuing diversity; and promoting equality and cohesion.
24th October 2018
In return, we can offer you an excellent pension scheme, flexible working, 'MyCar' scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Coventry City Council is committed to delivering the best possible services and improving the quality of life for Coventry people. In order to do this effectively we aim to have a workforce that represents the diverse communities we serve, embracing and utilising the broad range of skills, experiences and perspectives this brings.
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers.
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
When recruiting we review candidates against our Behaviour Framework . To find out more information about the Behaviour Framework please click here.Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf