Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) Service Manager
37.0 Hours per Week
We have an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) Service Manager to join our friendly and supportive team at Solihull Community Housing (SCH).
As M&E Service Manager, you will manage and lead a multi-disciplined team, ensuring that SCH is compliant with our legal duties and regulatory requirements including (but not limited to) the following areas:
- Gas servicing and Installations
- Electrical Installations
- Health and Safety best practice
- Managing Contactors open book Partnerships
In addition to your team management responsibilities you will:
- Manage multiple projects to ensure they are completed on time and to budget.
- Work with key stakeholders, including staff and customers to help shape SCH services and develop policies to support the delivery of corporate objectives.
- Ensure that the information held on our asbestos register, gas servicing schedule and Legionella data records are both accurate and timely.
You will have:
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification, or significant experience in a senior management position within the M&E environment.
- Experience in managing Open Book Partnership Contracts
- A track record of motivating and managing a diverse team with challenging performance objectives and targets
- Thorough knowledge of the legal, regulatory and operational issues related to asset management with an awareness of current best practice.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with the ability to evaluate financial and contractual performance against budget, industry standards and other benchmarks.
In return, we can offer a diverse, fast paced role playing a crucial part in delivering high quality customer focused services across the borough.
As a successful social housing provider, we also offer:
- Opportunities for personal development
- 24 days annual leave (increasing to 29 days after five years service)
- Flexible working / Flexi-Leave
- The opportunity to buy up to 5 days additional leave per year
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including staff discount card
For an informal discussion about this role please contact John Clements on 0121 717 1641.
Interview Date: Tuesday 23 October 2018
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Community Housing is committed to safeguarding and protecting children, young people and adults at risk and to promoting their welfare and requires all employees and volunteers share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification