Business Support Officer (Sustainable Travel)
37.0 Hours per Week
Solihull MBC are looking to recruit two Business Support Officers on a fixed three year contract to lead an exciting new project across the borough, with the aim of increasing sustainable travel and reducing CO2 emissions.
As part of our Sustainable Travel initiative, you will design; set up and project manage this brand new business support service, encouraging behaviour change by promoting and sustaining active travel to local businesses. This can include championing agile working, walking, cycling and the use of public transport to and from the workplace.
- Project manage the Business Travel Support Service throughout the 3 year project, including budget management, high quality research and scoping.
- Motivate, influence and persuade businesses to consider sustainable and agile working practices.
- Provide advice and support for individual businesses.
- Create, develop and deliver promotional marketing activity
- Develop action plans, targets and monitoring mechanisms to measure success and analyse/interpret data relating to the service.
- Work across directorates and West Midland wide.
- Help to mitigate the impact of local infrastructure schemes such as HS2.
You will have:
- A degree in a relevant degree such as Geography or Environmental Science, OR the ability to demonstrate through extended experience, the necessary knowledge to carry out the full range of duties
- Experience and understanding of delivering practical projects
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of engaging, networking and influencing businesses / key stakeholders.
- An understanding of some of the issues and policies affecting Sustainable Travel at both local and national level.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse and interpret data.
In return, this is an excellent opportunity to be involved in a high profile initiative likely to have a large impact on businesses and individuals across the Solihull Borough.
Please contact Annabel Matharu for an informal discussion on 0121 704 6569.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Interview Date: Monday 5 November 2018
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification