KS2 Teacher - Berkswich CofE (VC) Primary School
- Are you an excellent KS2 teacher who promotes lively and engaging learning experiences?
- Have you the commitment, skills and passion needed to enable every child to learn and achieve their potential?
- Are you highly reflective, continuously striving to develop your own learning?
- Do you want to work in an outstanding school, where professional development and career progression is at the heart of our learning community?
The role: The governors are seeking to appoint an excellent KS2 teacher from January 2019. We would welcome applications from teachers early in their career, to those who are more experienced and looking for their next step. Our entire team at Berkswich CE is passionate about learning and we have a successful track record of developing teachers at all levels through high-quality mentoring, rich learning experiences and extensive CPD. A TLR may be available for the right candidate.
Salary: Teachers’ Pay Range - Main Scale M1 – M6 (£23,720- £35,008)
‘The headteacher engenders very high levels of respect and approval from staff, pupils and parents. Staff morale and relationships within the school are exceptionally positive.’ Ofsted June 2017.
Berkswich CE Primary is a successful school situated on the outskirts of Stafford in a rural environment. It is an extremely friendly and welcoming community school. The school has delightful and enthusiastic children; we are constantly praised by visitors for the high standard of behaviour across all classes. Berkswich is extremely well-supported by parents, governors and the Parish. Our recent Outstanding Ofsted report noted that, ‘Leaders, including governors, share a clear, ambitious vision for the school, based on very high aspirations and expectations. The school ethos, ‘We believe, we achieve, we care’, reflects the strong commitment to the Christian principles which are at the heart of the school.’
We are looking for someone who:
- works within the Christian values and ethos of the school
- is an outstanding classroom practitioner with an excellent knowledge of the KS2 curriculum
- has a particular passion for sports, music or computing (although this is not essential)
- can use their understanding of, and commitment to, the learning process to impact every learner
- maintains a safe, purposeful and rich environment to optimise learning
- takes responsibility and uses on-going assessments to measure progress and adapt teaching and learning
- builds strong, positive relationships with all stakeholders
- is open to new ideas regarding educational thinking and research
- contributes to the school values and, therefore, the learning culture of the school’s children and staff
- is self-reflective and continuously strives to improve practice
In return, we can offer:
- children who are respectful, happy and work hard with resilience and tenacity
- highly committed and friendly staff
- a culture where all teachers delight in learning, and children’s interests and imaginations are captured
- a commitment to high-quality professional development
- opportunities for excellent coaching to nurture professional skills in an environment where new teachers, or those with experience, can flourish and progress along their career path
- opportunities to gain wider professional experiences as part of our inspirational, outward-looking team
- a supportive and encouraging governing board
We strongly encourage applicants to arrange a suitable time to view the school before applying, and to visit our website to find out more. Application forms are available online, together with further information about the post. All completed application forms are to be returned to the school via email@example.com.
Applications close on Monday 15th October 2018 at 12pm and interviews will be held on Tuesday 23rd October 2018. Lesson observations in the current settings of short-listed candidates will take place the week commencing 15th October.
Please contact our school office to arrange a visit:
Berkswich CE Primary School, Cedar Way, Walton-on-the-Hill, Stafford ST17 0LU
(01785) 337360 www.berkswichprimaryschool.co.uk
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.