Head of Resilience
Grade: Band E
Salary: £39,918 to £46,887
Closing Date: 14th October 2018
West Midlands Police have a unique opportunity for you to join us as the Head of Resilience within the Emergency Planning and Business Continuity portfolio. This is a full time permanent role based within Birmingham city centre; flexible and agile working will be considered.
As the Head of Resilience you will be responsible for all for all areas of resilience within the Emergency Planning and Business Continuity portfolio. Reporting to the Superintendent for Operations Policing at West Midlands Police (WMP) you will be the Subject Matter Expert and your role will include:
- Being accountable to deliver on specialist areas of response whilst overseeing a robust internal resilience continuity programme
- Ensuring WMP complies with its duties in regard to resilience as required under the Civil Contingencies Act (CCA) 2004 and associated guidance
- Delivering the partnership arrangements through the Local Resilience Forum which will include; CONTEST, REPPIR, COMAH and PSR regulated planning
- Implementing force wide resilience strategy to threats and hazards including planning, testing and exercise programme, organisation learning and being at the heart of specialist policing response
- Coordinating, influencing, and negotiating with key stakeholders at strategic and tactical levels internally and externally
- Driving modernisation, change and innovation with the department
- Responsibility for measuring team performance via QPR, HMICFRS audits and national resilience standards
- Budget management
- Writing reports and preparing and delivering presentations
- Horizon scanning at a national level and analysing information to ensure arrangements are in place for potential incidents
The ideal candidate will be a technical expert within emergency planning and business continuity. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to effectively operate within a fast paced environment, prioritising numerous portfolios of work and meeting critical organisational deadlines. You’ll be an experienced leader of people who is able to support, develop and motivate your team.
The Head of Resilience will be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Strategic thinking
- An innovative approach to resilience
- Research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills, as well as the ability to negotiate and influence decisions at a senior level
- Experience and competence with MS Office packages
- Hold a relevant qualification related to the industry e.g. Disaster Management /Emergency Planning/Crisis Management
It is desirable, but not essential that you are a member of the Emergency Planning Society.
The post holder will be expected to regularly travel across the region therefore you must hold a full Driving Licence. You will also be required to be on call / cadre of specialist skills during exceptional circumstances.
Due to the nature of the role you will be required to undertake Security Check (SC) level vetting.
WMP is a large and diverse organisation where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in an encouraging and flexible environment. We're able to offer you a comprehensive range of rewards and benefits including:
- 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays); increasing to 33 days after five years’ service
- access to a Corporate Health Cash Plan and wellbeing website
- the opportunity to save on travel costs through a Corporate Travel Scheme
- the option to join a generous Local Government pension scheme
Please note WMP are currently undertaking a long term review of staff pay and conditions. The grade, pay and other terms of employment are therefore subject to review and may change in the future
Diversity and Inclusion Vision: “Maximise the potential of people from all backgrounds through a culture of fairness and inclusion to deliver the best service for our communities”