Community First, Malvern
Join us and help support charities and community groups to make a difference in Herefordshire and Worcestershire
Make your administrative skills really matter
We offer a wide range of work, a great team, flexibility
Hours of work: 20 – 30 hours per week (precise days and hours of work are subject to agreement with manager)
Main purpose of the job: to provide administrative support for all aspects of Community First’s work.
- Carry out the full range of administrative duties such as dealing with post, ordering stationary, maintaining office systems etc.
- Act as first point of contact for calls, visitors and enquiries passing them on as appropriate
- Act in a Personal Assistant role to the General Manager, particularly collating papers
- Organise meetings and manage the organisation’s diary
- Take minutes at a range of different meetings
- Co-ordinate meetings and events
- Support PR activities including compiling newsletters
- Manage office systems including physical and digital filing
- Co-ordinate and maintain databases
- Lead on good data protection practice
- Support administration of Community First websites and social media
- Administering the process for monitoring office health and safety, such as first aid and supplies, etc.
- Operate within the agreed policies and procedures of Community First and actively engage in their delivery
- Carry out all work with due regard to Community First equal opportunities policies and procedures.
- Promote Community First’s Values and reflect them in working practices
- Undertake appropriate training and skills development as might be identified to fulfil the requirements of the role and participate in staff training and development as required
- Ensure that movement and diary commitments are updated on a regular basis.
Particular duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed. The post holder may therefore be required to pursue activities other than those specified above.
Reporting to: General Manager
Base: First Floor, Harmac House, Chequers Close, Enigma Business Park, Malvern or such other locations as may be determined from time to time.
NB - we do not accept CV's. Please apply using the application form provided.
- Application Deadline - 3pm Monday 22nd October
- Shortlisting Tuesday 23 October
- Interviews Thursday 25 October
We will treat your information with respect. By applying to Community First, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms. 3. Data Protection Principles 3.1 Anyone processing personal data must comply with the eight enforceable principles of good practice. These provide that personal data must be: a) Processed fairly and lawfully; b) Processed for limited purposes and in an appropriate way; c) Adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose; d) Accurate; e) Not kept longer than necessary for the purpose; f) Processed in line with data subject’s rights; g) Secure; and h) Not transferred to people or organisations situated in countries without adequate protection. 7. External Stakeholders 7.1 In usual circumstances data held will contain information such as contact details and information relevant to the relationship with Community First. 7.2 Data will be held in line with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) as outlined above. 7.3 Data held by Community First will be used for internal use only unless the individual has given permission for Community First to use it for another purpose e.g. pass contact data to another reputable organisation working in a similar field to Community First. 7.4 Data will not be used for unsolicited marketing or supplied to third parties for unsolicited marketing. 7.5 The Community First data controller will act upon any request by an individual to revise or remove data held about them.