Long Lawford Primary is an OFSTED Outstanding School that is an exciting, stimulating and joyful place for all. We encourage a love of learning and creativity that promotes excellence to achieve the best for our children. Our popular school is rapidly expanding and will soon be 3 form entry throughout.
Required from January 2019 or sooner.
The Governors are looking to appoint an experienced, caring and dedicated teacher who currently holds the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination or is willing to undertake training to achieve the qualification. We are looking for applicants who are looking to make a positive difference, enthusiastic and committed to the aims of SEND and capable of initiating and developing effective strategies which enable our SEND pupils to achieve their potential. This will be a non-class based role but will involve some class cover responsibilities at times.
Due to the nature of the role we will be looking to recruit experienced teachers on TMS M3 or above and the role will come with a TLR 2.1 Allowance for SEND.
Our new SENCO will be a teacher who:
• Will manage and develop programmes of work for pupils and vulnerable learners who require targeted intervention.
• Is committed to ensuring the best possible outcomes for all children.
• Is able to communicate well with colleagues, parents and pupils.
• Can implement a range of strategies for engaging and extending all learners who have identified needs.
• Will co-ordinate liaison with school staff, outside agencies, parents and the Local Authority.
• Supports and monitors the teaching and learning for SEN/vulnerable pupils across the school.
• Is prepared to apply for additional funding to support pupils with high levels of needs.
• Is prepared to become fully involved in the life of our school and community.
• Is confident in using IT as part of teaching and SEND coordination.
• Will be part of the Middle/Senior leadership team and will report to the Headteacher/Senior Leadership and Governors regarding targets, progress and achievement of SEND pupils and vulnerable learners.
• Will support the Designated Safeguarding Lead for Child Protection and Safeguarding across the school.
We can offer:
• A working environment in which everyone is valued.
• Resources and training to enable you to carry out your role effectively.
• A hard-working, trusting and supportive team which has the learning, environment and well-being of our children at the heart of everything that we do.
• Children who love learning.
• Links with local, supportive schools through the consortium.
• Coaching & mentoring from a former SENCO.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Long Lawford Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Visits to the school are desirable and would be warmly welcomed by prior arrangement. Please contact the school for further information and to organise your visit by telephoning 01788 543332.
Please apply in writing or by email before the closing date to: email@example.com
Mrs L Grant
School Business Manager
Long Lawford Primary School
Closing Date: 15 October 2018
Interviews will be held on Thursday 25th October 2018Supporting documents
Equality Details Form
Job Application Form