Business Support Officer
Keep children and young people safe and give them a good start in life.
Exciting opportunities have arisen within the Business Support team for Childrens Safeguarding & Family Support.
Business Support provides a crucial support service to a large, complex Childrens Safeguarding and Family support service area. The importance of the child’s journey is always at the forefront of our service provision.
• Streamlined Business Support service across the Safeguarding & Family Support division
• An enhanced focus on service delivery at the first point of contact with service users, stakeholders and partners
• A cohesive team; making the appropriate links into each area to enhance the smooth transition of information and efficient effective systems that evidence the child’s journey within social care
• Staff skills and abilities are utilised to achieve the best service possible and where a culture of ‘can do’ is embraced; resulting in a business support work force that is flexible and adaptable to service pressures
• Grow our own culture, where staff develop and have pride in their contribution to better outcomes for children and young people
We are seeking to recruit highly motivated, adaptable and dedicated officers with experience in providing work to the highest of standards within a fast pace environment.
You will need to have excellent written, oral and organisational skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing needs of the service. Be highly competent in varying work streams; including minute taking through to being the first point of telephone contact for service users, partner agencies and stakeholders.
The work involves issues of a sensitive and confidential nature and applicants will need to display a clear understanding of the need for complete confidentiality at both application and interview stage.
In return we offer a comprehensive training programme covering all aspects of our service delivery. If you feel you would like to be part of this dynamic team then we would like to hear from you.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council:
Holidays: 25 days per year plus 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
Pension: LGS pension scheme
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria of the job are guaranteed an interview.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy please apply online via the link below.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com