- Manage the caretaking, cleaning and maintenance budgets determined by SBM and Head Teacher
- Manage and train all cleaners in aspects of their work, maintaining a training record and planning the work for the cleaners
- Ensuring that the school premises and furnishings are cleaned in accordance with the school standards
- Inform staff of any non-routine work and the implications of work carried out at the school
- Take responsibility for aspects concerning the lettings of the school premises
- Ensure good time keeping and monitor the signing out of staff at the end of the day
- Ordering caretakers cleaning materials and maintaining the Caretakers time-book, filling in lettings claim forms and time sheets.
- Planning and prioritising work allocation
- Promote a positive ethos of the school and work as a team
- Carrying out security procedures for school buildings and grounds.
- The routine and non-routine opening of school premises and grounds.
- In consultation with the Head Teacher undertake termly Fire Drill
- Prevent trespass on the school premises and grounds
- Be responsible for school premises out of hours
- Ensure no unauthorised parking of vehicles
- Manage cleaning materials and maintenance budget
- In consultation with the Head Teacher ensure termly fire drill is undertaken
- Be responsible for the Health and Safety issues, maintaining all necessary documentation including COSHH and fire regulations
- Ensure all necessary repairs are undertaken
- Carry out minor repairs to school building, fixtures and fittings
- Arrange for other contractors to carry out other repairs
- Ensure work is completed to the correct standard
- Directing workmen and contractors to the sites or repair and maintenance work and inspecting the work of contractors where there is requirement to sign a satisfaction note.
Cleaning and Manual Functions
- Ensure that the premises are prepared and ready for school use
- Carrying out the cleaning of all site supervisors designated area
- Preparing for after-school activities and letting, and ensuring that the accommodation is prepared for normal school use in accordance with the school's Lettings Agreement under the direction of the Head teacher
- Carrying out procedures in the event of fire, flooding, breaking and entering, accident or major damage under the direction of the Head teacher
- Being aware of WCC regulations regarding items such as Health and Safety at work and COSHH guidelines.
- Carrying out frost precaution procedures. Relevant room temperatures may be obtained by contacting Property Services
- Economical operation of the heating plant so that certain temperatures are maintained in the school premises and that an adequate supply of hot water is available.
- Ensuring that all hard playing areas and paths are free from litter and general rubbish including leaves and all drains and gullies are inspected to ensure that they are free-flowing and clean with any blockages or damage being reported.
- Providing emergency access to the school building and classrooms in the event of snow or minor flooding or similar emergency situations.
- Taking delivery of stores, materials and other goods ordered by the School and
storing them. Despatching laundry, goods, materials etc. from the school; ensuring
that an adequate supply of fuel, light bulbs and janitorial materials are available.
- Ensuring that all Caretaking and cleaning equipment is in a safe and working Condition
- Relocate furniture as necessary
- Arrange for the efficient removal of garbage
- Carry out any reasonable requested from Head teacher or SBM
Ensure all staff that the Site Supervisor line manages has up to date training
Please contact the school on 02476 332434 for an application form or to arrange a visit.