Housing Options Officer
DHH305 Housing Options Officer
3 Year Fixed Term Contract
Grade F (SCP 22-26) - £21,074 – £23,866 per annum pro-rata to the duration of the Fixed Term contract
37 hours per week
Do you like the satisfaction of knowing that you helped prevent a family becoming homeless? Or having made sure someone who is vulnerable has a roof over their head for the night?
An opportunity is available to join our award winning Housing Options Team and develop our service in line with new legislation regarding homelessness. Key responsibilities will include:
- Assessing housing and support needs for applicants who are homeless or threatened with homelessness;
- Working with applicants and partners in order to agree personalised housing plans;
- Making statutory decisions regarding homelessness in accordance with current legislation;
- Taking proactive steps to reduce rough sleeping and prevent homelessness;
- Managing our waiting list and nomination agreements with registered providers.
If you want a job that makes a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people then this could be the role for you.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website at https://www.staffordbc.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers
Closing date for completed applications 14 October 2018