Principal - The Crescent Academy
5 days left
The Crescent Academy Vacancies
Pinewood Crescent, Meir, Stoke on Trent, ST3 6HZ
Age range: 3-11 Number on roll: 694
Executive Principal: Mr David Alston
Principal: Mrs Jackie Williams
Visit us at
The Crescent Academy, Stoke on Trent.
Required for September 2019:
Principal Group 4 Primary School 3-11; range L21-27 NOR 695
“Enriching the lives of our children.”
The Crescent Academy is a warm and friendly school and places its nurturing ethos at the core of its daily life. It is a school where achievement is high, due to the skill, hard work and professionalism of all of its employees. It is a school that adults and children are proud of.
Due to the retirement of both its Executive Principal and Principal, the Trustees are looking to appoint a highly experienced, innovative and visionary school leader who can build upon the many strengths of this very large, urban primary academy. Crescent is a stand-alone academy.
The new Principal will work alongside the governing body, leadership teams and staff, to develop and deliver a strategy for a prosperous future for the children, their parents and all staff.
This role would suit a forward-thinking and dynamic school leader who has a successful track record in school leadership and is looking to develop their practice in a collaborative and supportive environment. The successful candidate will lead the strategic development of the school and will be an outstanding role model for all.
Experience and Qualifications:
- NPQH is desirable
- Substantial school leadership experience
- A deep understanding of working in a high Pupil Premium school
We are looking for an excellent role model who can:
- Develop and apply their vision for The Crescent Academy, through collaboration and with sensitivity.
- Continue to develop a sustainable programme of leadership development.
- Determine, implement and monitor the quality of teaching and learning across the academy.
- Maintain a healthy budget balance whilst ensuring the efficient and effective deployment of high quality professionals and resources.
- Empower the whole academy family to achieve success
In return, you will:
- Lead a highly respected and valued primary academy
- Be joining a strong, collaborative and dynamic family of professionals
- Work in a school with high aspirations for all of its pupils and staff
- Be provided with excellent support from the Governing Body
- Receive a Teachers Pension and a highly competitive salary, negotiable according to experience and evidence based track record
Process and timescale
Closing date for applications: Friday 26th October 2018
Visit days: 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th and 18th October.
Long Listing: 5th November
Preparation for written task: 6th-16th November
Presentation of proposal to Governors: 26th or 27th November
Short Listing: 27th November
Interview Dates: 4th and 5th December
Applications forms can be found on our school website. To arrange a school visit on one of the above days please contact the Principals’ PA, Rebecca Thorneycroft, on 01782 318145 or email@example.com.