Graduate Intern - Projects & Analysis
37.0 Hours per Week
Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
We are looking for two enthusiastic graduate interns to be based in our highly regarded and friendly Business Intelligence and Improvement team.
This is an ideal opportunity to gain experience supporting the implementation of key projects in Solihull Council’s Plan, undertaking research and preparing briefing materials for a wide variety of purposes. You will help the Council to develop and implement projects in a whole range of areas including inclusive growth, stronger communities and improving the health and wellbeing of residents.
In this interesting and varied role you will need to keep abreast of Government policy and good practice, research how this has been applied in other Councils, public and private sector organisations in the UK and elsewhere, whilst analysing and interpreting related data. You will then use this information to shape and implement policies and projects to make a positive difference to the lives of people in Solihull.
There will be considerable opportunities to get involved in high profile and important work across the many and varied aspects of the Council including social care, education and the built environment.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Are able to demonstrate strong literacy, numeracy and organisational skills;
- Have previous experience of analysing, interpreting, and summarising varied information from a variety of sources and providing clear recommendations;
- Are able to write clear and concise reports, and prepare and deliver effective presentations;
- Have knowledge and understanding of the role and responsibilities of a local authority;
- Have a willingness to learn and develop.
Please contact for Sarah Barnes on 0121 704 8347 or Gary Baker on 0121 704 8482 for an informal discussion.
Interview / Assessment Date: Wednesday 31st October 2018.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification