Volunteer Coordinator - Central Prevent & Protect
Substantive Vacancy – Volunteer Coordinator – Central Prevent & Protect
A vacancy exists for the position of Volunteer Coordinator, covering our Western Service Delivery Group.
Salary: Grade 4 (£18,672 - £20,541) pro rata
Hours: 18.5 hours per week (flexible working scheme in operation)
About the role:
To assist SFRS in the provision of an efficient and effective Volunteer Programme, by providing support within associated areas.
• Provide ongoing coordination and support in respect of volunteer recruitment and selection. This will include coordinating requests from the service delivery teams and ensuring tasks comply with our targeted volunteer work.
• Assist in reporting on Service performance, by collating hours and populating Central Management Information Tool.
• Produce statistical data as and when required.
• Provide support for local prevention activities, including Community Interest Company, Lets Work Together, and Olive Branch work streams.
• Allocate responsibilities, motivate, and inspire volunteers, in order to promote cooperation and ensure retention
• Solve problems efficiently and effectively, with the process and with individuals.
• Assist in resolving day to day enquiries from volunteers and provide support where necessary.
• Assist in maintaining an efficient computerised data record system regarding all areas of the Volunteer Programme.
• Raise orders for uniform and check expense claims in line with SFRS procedures.
• Carry out 1:1 meetings when required, including exit interviews.
• Any other duties as determined by CPP and commensurate with the grade.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Experience of accurate data inputting.
• Some knowledge of the Volunteer Sector.
Skills, ability and personal qualities:
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively alone or amongst colleagues.
• Ability to work within time constraints & meet deadlines.
• Attention to detail in all aspects of the role.
• Ability to work accurately under pressure.
• Good problem solving skills
• Full driving licence/provision of a vehicle for business use with appropriate insurance.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience of financial systems
• Knowledge of Health & Safety procedures.
• Experience of working with vulnerable groups
This vacancy is open to internal and external applicants.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 14th October 2018
** Please note that any SFRS Retained personnel wishing to apply must ensure a revised declaration is approved by their SDG, prior to submitting their application **
All communication regarding this vacancy will be issued via email, so please check your email account on a regular basis.
If you have any enquiries please contact:
Julie Ann Edwards, 01785 898749 or Steph Cooper, 01785 898574