Facilities Manager (Transport & Buildings)
37.0 Hours per Week
We have an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and conscientious Facilities Manager to join our Property Services Team here at Solihull Council.
As Facilities Manager (Transport & Buildings) you will:
- Be responsible for the day to day facilities management of Moat Lane depot, Lode Lane offices and if required management of other Council corporate buildings.
- Oversee Solihull Council’s vehicles and plant provision and operations to ensure that the Council complies with relevant laws and legislation (including O’ License Regulations).
- Manage the Council’s Adult Social Care and Education Special Needs transport services and associated staff; including externally provided taxis for Looked After Children.
You will have:
- Experience at a senior supervisory level within transport services; gained within either the public or private sector
- Previous experience of Facilities Management within a depot and/or corporate office environment
- Corporate Membership of the Institute of Road Transport Engineers or an approved equivalent;
- CPC National Road Haulage Operations or equivalent;
- Group C (HGV class two) Licence for Rigid Vehicles
In return this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Facilities Manager to be a fundamental part of a crucial service for Solihull Council.
We also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including Childcare Vouchers and a staff discount card
The Facilities Manager will generally be required to work normal office hours e.g. 08:00 – 17:00 Monday – Friday. However, occasionally, the post holder may be expected to vary their working hours in order to fulfil the needs of the service.
Please contact Aiden Oakes for an informal discussion on 0121 704 6805.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Interview Date: w/c 12th November 2018
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced Adults & Childrens.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification