Access Liaison Officer
Gas Services are responsible for carrying out yearly gas safety inspections in Sandwell Council owned properties.
The Access Team assists the Gas Administration Manager and appropriate Neighborhoods Directorate team with successful entry into dwellings that have failed to respond to all reasonable attempts at gaining access for their yearly gas safety inspections.
Representing Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council, the Access Liaison Officer will be responsible for managing addresses due for servicing, seeking access to addresses which are being put through legal avenues to gain access and ensuring that Gas Servicing Partners are performing within their set Key Performance Indicators.
The successful applicant will be expected to work independently and as part of a team. You should have knowledge in Housing Legislation, QP ISO’s, Estate Management, Tenancy Conditions and breaches thereof.
You will be expected to:
- Understand and take account of the contributions, experience and background of others.
- Explore requirements and practical solution with customers
- Manage customer’s expectations by explaining what is and what is not possible
- Use the experience of others to achieve goals
- Understand shared team goals and co-operates with others to achieve them.
- Work on own initiative
- Ensuring that Gas Servicing Partners are performing within their set Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure that the addresses that you are responsible for are managed correctly through Gas Services No Access Procedure
- Provide accurate reports related to Gas Servicing to the management team
The post holder must possess experience in Housing Management, together with experience of one or more of the following areas:
- Estate management
- Anti-Social Behaviour
- Managing Repairs
- Managing Gas Servicing Cycles
37 hours per week
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.Supporting documents
Information for Job Applicants