EYFS Teaching Assistant Apprentice - Ref: TV43918
Ryders Hayes School
(A Primary Learning Academy)
EYFS Teaching Assistant Apprentice
Role commences: ASAP
Salary Range: National Apprenticeship Rates
Hours of work: 32.5 per week – Term Time Only (including 20% study time)
Location: Pelsall, Walsall
Contract type: Apprentice
Ryders Hayes School is a popular primary school in Pelsall, Walsall. Always at the cutting edge of education, we were one of the first Primary Academy Converters and Teaching Schools in the country. A caring school, judged ‘Good’ by OFSTED, with outstanding features, we are committed to giving our pupils the opportunity to grow; to learn new skills, and to develop their potential to be the best they can be. Our ‘child centred, learning focused’ approach, reflects our desire to create an environment where young people get the best possible start in life, together with strong parental engagement, to develop a strong set of values and academic attainment as rounded, confident young people.
The Governing Body is looking to appoint a talented, dynamic EYFS Teaching Assistant Apprentice to work as part of the team in our EYFS provision. They require someone who will inspire colleagues, pupils and parents; bring fresh ideas, and ignite children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning with high expectations for themselves and our pupils, helping them to form positive relationships and to thrive and to be a part of our Langauge First Excellence Hub, using the latest research in EYFS practice from Oxford University.
To be successful, you will need:
- to be flexible and adaptable
- be working towards or committed to work towards a Level 3 EYFS Teaching Assistant qualification
- high expectations for yourself and our pupils
- to be a good role model for pupils and colleagues
- to be a team player
- to ensure that all pupils make expected or more progress towards aspirational targets;
- to champion our high standards of pupil behaviour and expectations of good character
- support the development of an inspiring and innovative curriculum;
- uphold the inclusive principles that are integral to our ethos;
- understand the needs of our varied community.
- Grade C/4 or above in Maths and English
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to make a difference to our happy and successful school.
- a school open to new ideas and willing to embrace change for the good of the school.
- excellent PLD opportunities within our Teaching School.
Additional staff benefits include free child-care and priority pupil places.
We warmly invite you to visit our school. Please call, Jaz Paul, the Head of School to arrange a visit or for an informal conversation on 01922 683008. Application forms and further details are available by contacting the school directly on the above telephone number, by email: email@example.com; or on the website
Please return your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the school office
Closing Date: 12 noon Monday 15th October 2018
Interviews will take place on 23rd October 2018
Ryders Hayes School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.Supporting documents