Midday Supervisor (SEND)
10.0 Hours per Week
Exhall Grange is a 2-19 community maintained specialist school which meets the needs of children and young people with visual impairment, physical disabilities, complex medical needs and social and communication interaction difficulties. We currently have a vacancy for a Midday Supervisor.
We offer a mainstream curriculum and endeavour to break down barriers to learning. Through high quality teaching and personalised support, we aim to unlock the potential of every pupil so that they leave our school as well-rounded citizens, ready to embrace the next step of their learning journey
The hours of work are 12.15-14.15 pm, Monday to Friday.
The key requirements for this role are detailed below
• Have a good understanding of children with special educational needs and be able to provide care and support as appropriate
• Be trained to operate special needs machinery, tools (eg hoists, certain feeding equipment)
• Have relevant training to deal with a pupil who suffers an epileptic fit
• Have relevant training in dysphagia
• Literacy skills to be able to understand school policies and complete accident book
• Be able to understand, comply and work within policies: eg. school behaviour policy, child protection policy, health and safety, confidentiality and other school rules
• Be aware of cultural differences
• Be prepared to undertake necessary training as above.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Exhall Grange is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Completed application forms should be sent to :-
Exhall Grange Specialist School
Coventry CV7 9HP
or by email to : email@example.com
Where possible, shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email and references will sought prior to interview.
Please do not send CVs.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details on how we will use any data we receive.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 24 October 2018.
Closing date/time: 09.00 am on Thursday 18 October 2018.Supporting documents