Family Support Worker
Warwickshire SEND Social Care Team is seeking three Family Support Workers to join the team on a permanent, full-time basis. SEND Social Care is a front-line children’s team with a specialism in disability/additional needs.
Focusing on strengths and utilising an asset-based approach, you will support and enable children and their family members to identify hoped for outcomes, meet their full potential, and maximise their independence.
The Family Support Workers in the team are not ordinarily qualified Social Workers, but do work closely with Social Workers and will have a good understanding of the Social Work task, disability issues and the legislative framework in which we work.
The team is based across two sites – one in the north of the county and one in the south – and there is flexibility with regards to where you will be based.
37.0 Hours per Week
2 Family Support Worker roles will be based in SEND Strengthening Families. These roles will involve:
- Managing a Child in Need caseload whilst supporting SEND Social Workers with specific pieces of work on their allocated cases (inclusive of Child in Need, Child Protection, and Children Looked After).
- Undertaking direct work with children and young people
- Undertaking and/or supporting with visits and contact
- Delivering parenting programmes and supporting parenting approaches
- Managing and reviewing Child in Need Plans
- Completing Carers Assessments and contributing to social work assessments
1 Family Support Worker role will be based within SEND Review & Intervention Team. This role will involve:
- Managing a caseload of allocated children who receive a stable support package which meets identified needs
- Review packages of support, and work with internal and external colleagues and parents/carers to ensure support packages remain effective and that positive outcomes are achieved.
- Co-ordinate and chair multi-agency review meetings and ensure children and their families are seen in order to review need.
- Direct work with children and young people and delivering parenting programmes and skills to parents/carers on an individual and/or group basis.
We welcome applications from candidates with professional qualifications in Child Care, particularly those with experience of working with children and young people who have a disability and their families.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, these posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
For further information about the roles or to have an informal discussion, please contact Kim Higgins (07733307716) or Clare Chapman (07825937026) for SEND Strengthening Families or Debbie McDowell (07769907841) for SEND Review & Intervention.
To apply for this vacancy please click on the ‘Apply’ button.
Interviews: 23 October 2018
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on email@example.com, including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.Supporting documents
Job Description & Person Specification - Review & Intervention
Job Description & Person Specification - Strengthening Families