SEN Support Assistant
Post: SEN Support Assistant
Location: Silkmore Primary Academy, Stafford
Employer: Reach2 Academy Trust
Working Pattern: 32.5 hours Term Time only + 5 Inset Days
Salary: Grade 4 SCP 13 - 16 £17,391 - £18,319 FTE Actual salary £13,116 - £13,816
Silkmore Primary Academy is a one form entry school located in Stafford. We have 240 pupils on roll and cater for 2-11yrs children only. Silkmore is in a very exciting place in their journey to delivering exceptional learning opportunities for all children. At Silkmore, we believe that children should learn through discovery and be fully immersed in their learning. The creative, connected curriculum engages our children and takes them on an exciting learning journey that equips them with life skills and develops their learning attitudes.
Our children are kind, funny and enthusiastic- they love to learn and need great teachers who will help them achieve their full potential. If you are passionate about teaching and about improving the life chances of children then come and join the team at Silkmore Primary Academy.
The successful candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic, highly motivated, enjoy working with children and be passionate about making a positive difference to children’s lives.
- Be creative and committed to making learning interesting and fun.
- Inspire trust, instil confidence and embrace challenges, in order to raise pupil expectation and attainment.
- Have experience of working with and supporting children with EHCP, desirable experience with children with social, emotional and mental health needs.
- To organise and deliver supporting sessions for children on a one-to-one basis.
- Be able to work as part of a successful, hardworking, dedicated team.
- A commitment to you and your professional development
- Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and Governors
- A growing learning community
- Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference.
This is an exciting opportunity and we look forward to receiving your application.
Closing Date: 14th October 2018
Interview Date: 22nd or 24th October 2018
Please return your completed application form to Maria Barnard, School Business Manager, Silkmore Primary Academy, Exeter Street, Stafford, ST17 4EG Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01785 333930
Silkmore Primary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references.