Nursery Practitioner - Fixed Term (Maternity cover)
Post: Nursery Practitioner - Fixed Term (Maternity cover)
Locations: Silkmore Primary Academy, Stafford
Employer:Reach2 Academy Trust
Working Pattern: 32.5 hours Term Time only + 5 Inset Days
Salary: Grade 4 SCP 13 - 16 £17,391 - £18,319 FTE £13,116 - £13,816 Actual salary
Silkmore Primary Academy is an outstanding school. During the Summer term, we undertook an OFSTED inspection and received an ‘Outstanding’ judgements in all areas of the school. Particular highlights from this report include:
- Teaching is outstanding because teachers use their strong subject knowledge and creativity to deliver lessons that excite pupils and enable them to learn highly effectively;
- All staff benefit from high-quality training and support…. Staff are flourishing because of the excellent professional development opportunities.
- The skilfully designed curriculum enables pupils to apply their learning well and make connections between their learning;
- Pupils conduct is exemplary. There is a purposeful ‘buzz’ of learning throughout the school;
- The head teacher leads the school with passion and determination. She has extremely high expectations of pupils and staff and is uncompromising in her ambition for every pupil.
Silkmore Academy is a one form entry school located in Stafford. We have 240 pupils on roll and cater for 2 -11 years children only. At Silkmore we believe that children should learn through discovery and be fully immersed in their learning. The creative, connected curriculum engages our children and takes them on an exciting learning journey that equips them with life skills and develops their learning attitudes.
Our children are kind, funny and enthusiastic- they love to learn and need great support staff who will help them achieve their full potential. If you are passionate about improving the life chances of children then come and join the team at Silkmore Primary Academy.
The successful candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic, highly motivated, enjoy working with children and be passionate about making a positive difference to children’s lives.
- Be creative and committed to making learning interesting and fun.
- Inspire trust, instil confidence and embrace challenges, in order to raise pupil expectation and attainment.
- Have experience of working with children of nursery age.
- Have experience of promoting and gaining positive pupil behaviour conducive to learning, focused on raising standards.
- Be able to work as part of a successful, hardworking, dedicated team.
- A commitment to you and your professional development
- Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and Governors
- A growing learning community
- Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference.
This is an exciting opportunity and we look forward to receiving your application.
Closing Date: 14th October 2018
Interview: 22nd or 24th October 2018
Please return your completed application form to Maria Barnard, School Business Manager, Silkmore Primary Academy, Exeter Street, Stafford, ST17 4EG Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01785 333930
Silkmore Primary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references.