Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Post: Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Location: Silkmore Primary Academy, Stafford
Employer: Reach2 Academy Trust
Working Pattern: 32.5 hours Term Time only + 5 Inset Days
Salary: Grade 7 SCP 24 - 28 £22,401 - £25,463 FTE £16,895 - £19,204 Actual salary
Silkmore Primary Academy is an outstanding school. During the Summer term, we undertook an OFSTED inspection and received an ‘Outstanding’ judgements in all areas of the school. Particular highlights from this report include:
- Teaching is outstanding because teachers use their strong subject knowledge and creativity to deliver lessons that excite pupils and enable them to learn highly effectively;
- All staff benefit from high-quality training and support…. Staff are flourishing because of the excellent professional development opportunities.
- The skilfully designed curriculum enables pupils to apply their learning well and make connections between their learning;
- Pupils conduct is exemplary. There is a purposeful ‘buzz’ of learning throughout the school;
- The head teacher leads the school with passion and determination. She has extremely high expectations of pupils and staff and is uncompromising in her ambition for every pupil.
Silkmore Academy is a one form entry school located in Stafford. We have 240 pupils on roll and cater for 2 -11 years children only. At Silkmore we believe that children should learn through discovery and be fully immersed in their learning. The creative, connected curriculum engages our children and takes them on an exciting learning journey that equips them with life skills and develops their learning attitudes.
Our children are kind, funny and enthusiastic- they love to learn and need great support staff who will help them achieve their full potential. If you are passionate about improving the life chances of children then come and join the team at Silkmore Primary Academy.
Do you enjoy taking a lead role in delivering the curriculum? Have you got the skills to provide class cover across EY, KS1 & KS2? Can you lead terms of support staff? At Silkmore Primary Academy, we are looking for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant who will work as part of our support staff team, across the academy, to support children in their learning and development by providing both class cover as well as support for individual children and small groups as needed. We are looking for someone who is up for getting stuck in to all aspects of academy life.
About the role
The role of HLTA will be an important one within the academy, providing both regular class cover for staff as well as supporting teaching and learning by supporting children on a one-to-one basis, supporting small groups or delivering interventions and additional support to children as needed. The role of Higher Level Teaching Assistant presents a fantastic opportunity to work with, and be mentored by, one of our experienced senior leaders. This is a diverse role with opportunities to work within different subject areas and with children of differing ages. As part of this position we will expect you to plan teach and assess young people’s development, with support as necessary. Applicants must be flexible in their approach to enable our pupils to succeed.
The successful candidate will have:
- The motivation and passion to achieve the very best for the children in our care and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a wider team.
- A 'can do' approach to all aspects of academy life.
- A willingness to undertake professional development and grow their skills
- Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
- A commitment to you and your professional development
- Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and Governors
- A growing learning community
- Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference.
This is an exciting opportunity and we look forward to receiving your application.
Closing Date: 14th October 2018
Interview: 22nd or 24th October 2018
Please return your completed application form to Maria Barnard, School Business Manager, Silkmore Primary Academy, Exeter Street, Stafford, ST17 4EG Email: email@example.com Phone: 01785 333930
Silkmore Primary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references.