Director of Humanities for Key Stage 2
GROVE LANE JUNIOR SCHOOL, Dawson Road, Birmingham, B21 9HB
Telephone Number: 0121 464 4669 Email Address: email@example.com
The governing body of Grove School is seeking to appoint a Director of Humanities for Key Stage 2. We are looking for someone who:
Is a graduate with QTS
• Has the leadership skills to work with our Key Stage Two team to further develop the humanities curriculum in Key Stage Two
• Has evidence of outstanding practice as a Key Stage Two teacher and wishes to develop in their career in a supportive learning community
• Has the highest expectations of children and themselves
• Is passionate about the learning and welfare of children, is imaginative and forward thinking
• Has the ability to inspire, motivate and engage children to achieve and succeed
• Is able to form positive relationships with children, staff, parents and governors
• Possesses excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
In return we will offer you:
• Strong school leadership
• A Key Stage Two team committed to continuing to raise achievement and attainment
• Stunning outdoor learning environments on both sites and excellent classroom resources
• A strong commitment to support your professional development; mentoring and support from experienced Key Stage Two leaders.
All teachers are provided with a laptop computer and Apple IPad.
Informal visits are most welcome on the following date: Tuesday 9th October 2018 at 9.00am or 4.00pm. Please telephone the school office on 0121 464 4669 or email Patricia Reville at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your informal visit to Grove.
Closing Date: 17/10/2018, 12.00pm
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 24th October 2018.
Application packs can be downloaded from our school website.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.