Commercial Business Partner
Staffordshire Police keeps more than a million people safe from harm. It is an exciting, fast-paced organisation, committed to delivering the best services to its communities through its 3,400 police officers, PCSOs, staff and volunteers.
This is an exciting period of change for the Force, as it looks to embed a new approach to policing, transform our IT and digital capability, and deliver a major culture change programme. As a Force we are working closer than ever with our partners to drive positive change across Staffordshire
To deliver the very best the Force seeks the best people who can represent all of Staffordshire’s communities. The Force values diversity, and new thinking, and will seek to support its people to achieve their fullest potential.
About the Opportunity
Policing in Staffordshire covers a population of over 1.1m people covering a diverse population, demography and geography from the Peak District in the north of the County through to our border with the West Midlands conurbation in the south of the County. Policing in the County has a net revenue budget of c.£183m and a capital programme of c.£56m covering the period 2017/18 to 2020/21. Extracting the maximum value of this spend on behalf of the taxpayer is a key component of the role.
As a CIPS qualified procurement professional, or a professional with significant experience of commercial business partnering, you will support the force in delivering the best possible outcomes for the communities of Staffordshire. We are looking for commercial business partners with a passion for public service, an open mind and the desire to drive positive change across the organisation.
You will support the development of the Procurement and Commercial Strategy for The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) and Staffordshire Police maximising the commercial benefits for both organisations. You will provide strategic and operational procurement and commercial advice to heads of directorate and be a key member of directorate boards.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Be a key driver of our vision to develop, implement, and drive a commercial business partnering model across the Force.
- To support the development and implementation of the OPCC and Force’s Procurement and Commercial Strategy.
- To provide commercial support on the development of business cases.
- To advise on and help the organisation to effectively manage commercial risk.
- To be the critical liaison between directorates and the wider commercial services team.
- To provide procurement and commercial guidance and advice to directorates.
- To ensure procurement is carried out in accordance with The Public Contract Regulations 2015 and the Force’s Contract Standing Orders.
- To project manage and lead tender exercises and contractual negotiations with suppliers.
- To manage suppliers’ performance against contractually agreed performance standards.
- To line manage, develop and support a Procurement Officer and provide coaching, mentoring and development support to the wider team.
- To support the Head of Commercial Services in the day to day leadership, management and development of Commercial Services in the delivery of a professional, customer focused service.
This role is based at Staffordshire Police Headquarters, Weston Road, Stafford ST18 0YY with a salary range from £35,808 to £41,919, (pay award pending) and may require some travel to locations around Staffordshire. Benefits include:
- Local Government Pension Scheme (15.5% employer contribution)
- Generous annual leave (29 days plus public holidays)
- Professional fees paid
- Free parking
- Flexible working
Application packs can be obtained from the following link www.staffordshire.police.uk/jobs
Please submit your completed application, quoting reference VN48/2018 in the subject of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 17th October 2018 at midday.
Interviews to be held on the 12th & 13th November 2018.