Learning Mentor - Whitley Academy
We are seeking an inspirational individual to join our well-established and forward-thinking inclusion team from January 2019 or earlier if possible. You will be joining a well-resourced department with a relentless focus on raising self-esteem and supporting the holistic needs of students. You will be an effective team member, whose input will contribute to the further development of the current supportive and enthusiastic team.
The successful candidate must be;
- Able to develop relationships and mentor students with a range of needs from various backgrounds.
- Committed to making a difference,
- Passionate about the wellbeing agenda and its impact on learning, with the ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results, attendance and behaviour.
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues
- Someone with experience of working with students that may display challenging behaviour or difficulties engaging with school activities.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture,
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance, which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff.
This post would be suitable for both new entrants to the educational system and interested in developing their career in an exciting outward looking school or for an experienced practitioner with an interest in developing their practice, subject knowledge or leadership skills.
Completed applications should be returned to the following email address: email@example.com
Part Time - 2 days per week
Closing Date: Monday 15th October 2018, 9.00am
Interview Date: Candidates, who submit their application forms before the closing date, may be invited for interview before the closing date. If you submit on the closing date interviews will be Wednesday 17th October 2018.
Start Date: January 2019, or earlier if possible.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding of and promoting the welfare of children. This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, appointment will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Information for Prospective Employees.pdf