30.0 Hours per Week
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cookery Tutor to support our Quality Assurance Team, delivering In School Cookery sessions and After School Cookery Clubs in schools throughout the borough of Solihull and Coventry.
- Support pupil’s learning by delivering a variety of curriculum based cooking activities within schools.
- Establish a repertoire of recipes suitable for each school year.
- Liaise with school officers, unit catering managers and area managers to ensure the smooth running of the course.
- Order ingredients, disposables and equipment for each venue as required.
You will have:
- City & Guilds 706/1 or 706/2 or an NVQ Level 3 in Hospitality & Catering (or equivalent)
- Food Safety Intermediate (Level 3)
- Experience of food development and presentation.
- Experience of training pupils, young people and adults in small groups.
In return, this is a varied and rewarding role which can positively promote cooking and healthy eating to young people across the borough.
Please contact Nicola Meade for an informal discussion on 0121 704 6625.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Interview Date: Friday 26 October 2018 - this will include a practical test.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced Adults & Childrens.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification