Maths Teacher - Sir Graham Balfour School
Teacher of Maths
Full Time, Permanent
SGB Pay Scale £22,917 - £33,163 (negotiable according to experience)
Required from January 2019
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic teacher of Maths to join our very successful Maths Faculty. The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to raising whole-school achievement; have a professional approach to staff development; high expectations; and a determination to succeed.
The faculty is at an exciting point in its development and enjoying considerable success in public exams at all levels. We are looking to appoint a forward thinking, able professional to join the Faculty in its continuing development. This post would suit any well-qualified and ambitious teacher of Maths, including Newly Qualified Teachers.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
- A friendly, well-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
- An ever growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls are falling.
- A very positive climate for learning.
- A first rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
- Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
- A commitment to inclusive practice.
SGB MAT is a member of the Schools UK Wellbeing Package enabling staff to access the following services:
- An optical voucher allowing free provision of eyesight tests and spectacles redeemable at over 2,200 approved UK retail outlets
- £250 benefit towards the cost of diagnostic consultations so no need to sit on a waiting list for a consultant
- £200 benefit towards therapy treatments like physiotherapy, osteopathy, chiropractor or acupuncture treatment.
- Access to 24 hour, 365 days per year telephone helpline offering a counselling service on a wide range of issues.
- GP Helpline providing access to a GP 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for use by employee and immediate family as often as required.
- Online health assessment.
- Diagnostic scans where required by a consultant.
- Exclusive access to discounts and special offers on hundreds of well-known brands.
SGB MAT is part of the YouatWork Child Care Vouchers scheme enabling staff to make tax efficient child care payments to their nurseries.
- The school is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all students and as such all applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
- Applications can only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form.
- Two references will be required, one of which must be from your most recent employer.
- We confirm our commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below).
For an application pack, please access our website, www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk or contact Mrs Vicki McKeen, Headteacher’s PA, on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01785 223490.
The closing date for applications is: 1.30pm on Friday 19th October 2018. Please return completed applications to email@example.com
Shortlisting for this post will take place by Monday 22nd October and successful applicants will be contacted no later than 3.20pm on the same day. If you have not heard from us by this time, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 24th October.