Level 2 Teaching Assistant - ref: TV45518
Abbey Primary School
Tel: 01922 710753
Fax: 01922 404365
LEVEL 2 TEACHING ASSISTANT FOR A SEND PUPIL
FIXED TERM CONTRACT
(for the length of time the pupil attends Abbey Primary School or funding allocated as part of EHCP)
27.5 HOURS PER WEEK 8.45am – 3.00pm (TERM-TIME ONLY)
Grade 4 Level 16-21
Required as soon as possible – 27.5 hours per week term time only, Monday – Friday 8.45-3.00pm, with a 45 minute lunch.
The post holder will be required to support the needs of a pupil in Y5 with cerebral palsy. They will also be expected to help support the class teacher with general lesson support for small groups and individuals. First aid and supervision at break times may also be required at certain times of the day as part of general teaching assistant duties. All training will be provided for the successful candidate.
The successful applicant will ideally have previous experience of working with pupils with SEN and particularly experience of working with children with a physical disability. The post is temporary as it is dependent upon the funding available and the time in which the pupil attends Abbey Primary School.
We are looking for someone who:
- Will put the children at the heart of everything they do
- Will be a dedicated professional with the ability to inspire children and those whom they work with
- Will have the ability to foster and maintain the highest standards of pupil behaviour
- Will have excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Will develop good working relationships with parents and carers
- Will have exemplary professional standards
We can offer:
- Children that are excited about their learning, who work hard and are eager to please
- A dedicated and professional staff, who are committed and enthusiastic
- A bright and stimulating learning environment, inside and out
- Good professional development opportunities
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and should be arranged via the school office.
Only applications on the Walsall Council application form will be accepted. CV Applications will not be accepted.
Abbey Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of children and young people. The applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced DBS plus other recruitment checks.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spend reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
Closing Date: 4pm on Thursday 18th October 2018
Shortlisting Date: Friday 19th October 2018
Interview date: Thursday 25th October 2018
Start date: From Monday 5th November or as soon as possible after this date