Level 3 Teaching Assistant - REF: TV45318
Abbey Primary School
HEADTEACHER – Mr. M Gilbert
Tel: 01922 710753
Fax: 01922 404365
LEVEL 3 TEACHING ASSISTANT (UPPER KS2) – FIXED TERM CONTRACT
30 HOURS PER WEEK - Monday to Friday 8.30am – 3.15pm (45 minute lunch)
Salary: Grade 5 (20-25) £19,819 – 23,111 FTE pro rata
Abbey Primary School is a friendly and nurturing school where staff work together with Governors to achieve the best possible outcomes for our children.
We are looking for someone who:
- Will put the children at the heart of everything they do
- Will be a dedicated professional with the ability to inspire children and those whom they work with
- Will have the ability to foster and maintain the highest standards of pupil behaviour
- Will have excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Will develop good working relationships with parents and carers
- Will have exemplary professional standards
We can offer:
- Children that are excited about their learning, who work hard and are eager to please
- A dedicated and professional staff, who are committed and enthusiastic
- A bright and stimulating learning environment, inside and out
- Good professional development opportunities
Level 3 staff are required to implement agreed work programmes with individuals/groups and support teaching staff in the development and education of pupils including the provision of detailed and specialist skills/knowledge in particular areas. They are also required to assist the teacher in the whole planning cycle and supervise whole classes or groups during the short term absence of a teacher.
Level 3 staff work under the guidance of teaching staff with a limited degree of autonomy. NVQ 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning/Childcare Learning and Development is a requirement for the job.
Grade C GCSE or above (or equivalent qualification) in English and Maths is essential.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and should be arranged via the school office.
Abbey Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of children and young people. The applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced CRB plus other recruitment checks.
Only applications on the Walsall Council application form will be accepted. CV Applications will not be accepted.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spend reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
This contract is fixed term until 31.08.19 in the first instance.
Application details are available from the school office and the school website – 01922 710753 or www.abbey.walsall.sch.uk
Closing Date: Monday 22nd October 2018 at 4pm
Interview date: Wednesday 7th November 2018