Level 2 Teaching Assistant - Ref: TV45418
Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Ryders Hayes School (A Primary Learning Academy)
Role commences: ASAP
Salary Range: £11136 to £12295 (Actual Salary)
Hours of work: 28.25 hours per week – Term Time Only
Location: Pelsall, Walsall
Contract type: Fixed term until July 2019
Ryders Hayes School is a popular primary school in Pelsall, Walsall. Always at the cutting edge of education, we were one of the first Primary Academy Converters and Teaching Schools in the country. A caring school, judged ‘Good’ by OFSTED with outstanding features, we are committed to giving our pupils the opportunity to grow; to learn new skills, and to develop their potential to be the best they can be. Our ‘child centred, learning focused’ approach, reflects our desire to create an environment where young people get the best possible start in life, together with strong parental engagement, to develop a strong set of values and academic attainment as rounded, confident young people.
The Governing Body is looking to appoint a talented, dynamic Level 2 Teaching Assistant to work as part of the team within our SEN provision, to support on a one to one basis with children with EHCPs and specific needs, and form part of our continuous provision as a play leader during the lunchtime period, as one of a team of highly effective teaching assistants. The successful candidate should have experience of working in this capacity. They require someone who will inspire colleagues, pupils and parents; bring fresh ideas, and ignite children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning with high expectations for themselves and our pupils, helping them to form positive relationships and to thrive.
To be successful, you will need:
- to be flexible and adaptable
- experience of working within SEN
- to have achieved Level 2 TA standard
- high expectations for yourself and our pupils
- to be a good role model for pupils and colleagues
- to be a team player
- to ensure that all pupils make expected or more progress towards aspirational targets;
- to champion our high standards of pupil behaviour and expectations of good character
- support the development of an inspiring and innovative curriculum;
- uphold the inclusive principles that are integral to our ethos;
- understand the needs of our varied community.
- hold Maths and English GCSE grades C/4 or above
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to make a difference to our happy and successful school.
- a school open to new ideas and willing to embrace change for the good of the school.
- excellent PLD opportunities within our Teaching School.
Additional staff benefits include free child-care and priority pupil places.
We warmly invite you to visit our school. Please call the Head Teacher to arrange a visit or for an informal conversation on 01922 683008. Application forms and further details are available by contacting the school directly on the above telephone number, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or on the website
Please return your application form to email@example.com or to the school office
Closing Date: 12 noon Tuesday 16th October 2018
Interviews will take place on Monday 22nd October 2018
Ryders Hayes School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.Supporting documents