Bilingual Teaching Assistant (Summerbank Primary Academy)
Salary pro rata to 15 hours per week term time only
Monday to Friday 9am - 12pm
This post is temporary until 31st August 2019 in the first instance
“Teaching is good. Pupils enjoy learning in exciting and interesting lessons. Pupils have good attitudes to learning and benefit socially from the calm and vibrant indoor and outdoor learning environment” Ofsted 2013
We are looking for a creative, well organised and highly motivated individual to join our Bilingual Support Team in November 2018.
- Happy, caring children who are proud of their school
- A dedicated and supportive staff
- An inspiring and well-resourced learning environment
- Be able to speak an Eastern European Language e.g. Slovakian / Romanian
- Have good spoken and written English
- Have a sound knowledge of working with primary aged children
- Be proactive and be able to plan a group session
- Be computer literate
- Be able to work as a member of a team, developing good working relationships with pupils and adults
- Be an excellent practitioner
- Be committed to creativity and achieving high standards
- Be adaptable and spontaneous
- Be able to communicate well with children, teachers and parents
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school to discuss the role in more detail.
For further details and an application pack please contact Sally Henderson via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01782 233611 to arrange a visit to the school.
DBS Checks This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Asylum and Immigration To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide