Design Technology TechniciaN - REF: TV45718
Design Technology Technician
Responsible to: Headteacher
40 weeks per year
10 hours per week
Salary subject to qualifications – grade 12-15 (actual salary £5,000-£5,360)
Closing date 19th October and interviews 23rd October
To provide quality technical support to the design technology department, meeting health and safety standards and the requirements of the resistant materials (RM) workshop.
Prepare materials in advance, where possible, to support design technology subject staff, including making visual aids and artefacts.
Working under the instruction/guidance of the teacher to support and supervise pupils during lessons.
Maintain and be able to use machinery and equipment located in the resistant materials workshop, including:
- Specialist woodworking and plastic tools
- Pillar Drill
- Circular saw
Know and implement safety regulations relating to all RM equipment.
Monitor supplies of stock and inform the leader of design technology when further supplies of apparatus or materials are required.
Carry out stock-taking and inventory checks.
Purchase and collect local materials for use in the RM department, as required.
Show willingness to develop new skills when required in a forward-thinking department that continues to develop with the introduction of new technologies.
Undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required.
Standards and quality assurance
- Support the aims and ethos of the school
- Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
- Undertake professional duties that may be reasonably assigned by the head teacher
- Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work as a team and be flexible and well organised
- Work well under pressure
- Commitment to the personal development of all students, staff and self
- Willing and enthusiastic to attend CPD
- A commitment to and an enthusiasm for the post
- Adaptability and a professional approach to the responsibilities of the post.
- An eagerness to gain experience, expertise and professional development through this position.
In addition to the specific responsibilities of the post, as a member of the support team, the post holder will be expected to assist with other tasks of the support team as and when required. Other tasks which may reasonably be required as appropriate to the post.
In addition to the specific responsibilities of the post, as a member of the support team, the post holder will be expected to assist with other tasks of the support team as and when required. Other tasks which may reasonably be required as appropriate to the post. To apply please complete an associate staff application form and letter explaining your interest and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Details are available from Mrs C. Welch Tel: 01922 743988 ext 224 or on the school website www.aldridgeschool.org/jobs
Aldridge School - An Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The post is subject to enhanced DBS and safeguarding checks.