Science Technician - ref: TV45618
Responsible to: Headteacher
40 weeks per year
30 hours per week
Salary subject to qualifications – grade 12-15 (actual salary £15,00-£15,721)
Closing date 19th October and interviews 23rd October
Desirable qualities: Qualifications in Biology, Chemistry and Physics with good numeracy and literacy skills, enthusiasm for science.
Science Technician duties will include:
- Preparation of stock solutions
- Maintaining glassware in classrooms
- Wash and clean equipment
- Preparing practicals prior to lessons and delivering to the classrooms and retrieving and storing correctly
- Setting up practicals where necessary
- General up-keep of Science Technician laboratory
- Carrying out regular health and safety checks on laboratories, preparation rooms and stores and provide technical support and health and safety advice to staff and students
- Supporting pupils during lessons where required
- Implementing procedures and regulations involving safe disposal of waste material
- Keeping up-to-date with developments in practical science and health and safety requirements.
- Assist with the maintenance of a safe working environment
- To support IT such as data logging within the department
Standards and quality assurance
- Support the aims and ethos of the school
- Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
- Attend team and staff meetings
- Undertake professional duties that may be reasonably assigned by the head teacher
- Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work as a team and be flexible and well organised
- Love and knowledge of scientific discovery
- Work well under pressure
- Commitment to the personal development of all students, staff and self
- Willing and enthusiastic to attend CPD
- A commitment to and an enthusiasm for the post
- Adaptability and a professional approach to the responsibilities of the post.
- An eagerness to gain experience, expertise and professional development through this position.
In addition to the specific responsibilities of the post, as a member of the support team, the post holder will be expected to assist with other tasks of the support team as and when required. Other tasks which may reasonably be required as appropriate to the post.
In addition to the specific responsibilities of the post, as a member of the support team, the post holder will be expected to assist with other tasks of the support team as and when required. Other tasks which may reasonably be required as appropriate to the post. To apply please complete an associate staff application form and letter explaining your interest and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Details are available from Mrs C. Welch Tel: 01922 743988 ext 224 or on the school website www.aldridgeschool.org/jobs
Aldridge School - An Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The post is subject to enhanced DBS and safeguarding checks.