Specialist Teacher of Sports (Maternity Cover)
Job Title: Specialist subject teacher
Job Purpose: To be responsible for teaching and learning across the sports curriculum (as required) and for the pastoral care of children.
Reporting Line: The post-holder is accountable to the Leader of Sports
- To be aware and supportive of the School’s ethos, its foundation based on Christian principles and to act in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- To make a positive contribution to the overall curriculum provision in sports for pupils across all year groups through planning and sharing of resources and tasks as determined by the Subject Leader.
- To be able to teach to a high standard either through a regular timetabled commitment or to cover lessons as required.
- To plan, assess and feedback in order to secure pupil’s academic progress.
- To share pupil assessment and pastoral information with other staff members honestly and sensitively, with the appropriate level of discretion as necessary.
- To establish effective channels of communication with parents ensuring that they are fully aware of the strengths, areas for development and understand how support can be provided at home.
- To act with consideration for the pastoral care and welfare of all pupils and colleagues
- To contribute as required to the creation of a positive, purposeful whole school environment through corridor displays and the tidy maintenance of shared resources and spaces.
- To contribute to the wider life of the school through the completion of duties, parents’ evenings, open mornings, attendance at evening and weekend events, sporting fixtures, performances and the delivery of extra-curricular activities.
- To demonstrate a positive approach to continuous professional development
- You may also be required to undertake such other comparable duties as the Headteacher requires from time to time.