Pensions Coordinator (Part-Time) - Fire Service Headquarters
Substantive Vacancy – Pensions Coordinator (Part-Time) – Fire Service Headquarters
Salary: Grade 6 (£23,866 - £26,470) pro rata
Hours: 18.5 hours (flexible working scheme in operation)
Location: Fire Service Headquarters, Pirehill, Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 0BS
About the role:
To co-ordinate the delivery of an efficient and effective service to members and potential members of the Firefighters’ Pension Scheme and Local Government Pension Scheme on behalf of The Staffordshire Commissioner Fire and Rescue Authority.
Please see full Job Description attached.
• To liaise with West Yorkshire Pension Fund (WYPF) regarding current and future members of the Firefighters Pension Schemes.
• To liaise with the County Council Pension Scheme Section regarding current and future members of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
• To identify and interpret new and existing pension legislation and provide Senior Management with relevant and timely advice, information and statistics on areas which may affect the Service.
• To be the primary contact for all pension enquiries that come directly into Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service.
• To discuss and assist with members requests for pensions estimates, and to send requests through the pensions portal to WYPF following the agreed procedures.
• To work with Stoke on Trent City Council checking that the monthly upload file is accurate and timely.
• To work with the Payroll Department to ensure that data held for live members is accurate and pension deductions are correct reflecting any local discretions.
• To keep the list of members of Firefighters Modified Scheme, checking regular monthly payments have been received and issuing annual tax certificates.
• To co-ordinate, process and review all pensions’ documentation for people coming into and out of the Service.
• To coordinate and provide data to the senior finance management team for calculation required for annual top-up submission to the Home Office.
• To have experience of working with the Local Government Pension Scheme and/or Firefighters Pension Schemes
• To be educated to A level standard, and have achieved GCSE or equivalent pass in Math’s and English Language at grade C or above
• Excellent communication skills – written and spoken
• Good Presentation skills
• An analytical, methodical working approach
• Experience of policy development
• Experience of interpreting complex legislative information into a usable format
• Good IT skills particularly in the use of Microsoft excel
This vacancy will be open to both internal and external candidates.
Closing date for receipt of all applications is: Sunday 21st October 2018
All communication regarding this vacancy will be issued via email, so please check your email account on a regular basis.
If you have any enquiries please contact:
Julie Ann Edwards – Recruitment Advisor on 01785 898749 or Sarah Fynney - HR Business Partner on 01785 898686Supporting documents