Learning Support Assistant Level 2 - SEN (Fixed Term) - Brickhouse Primary School
Fixed Term Contract until August 2019, in the first instance as roles subject to external funding.
30 hours per week, term time only
To start as soon as possible.
The Governors of this friendly and forward looking school wish to appoint, an enthusiastic, high quality, learning support practitioner to support a child with specific needs.
They will be required to start ASAP and be responsible for:
· ensuring the participation in the integration of a child with special needs into mainstream.
· the care and welfare of the child to include feeding as required.
· to assist the child with dress/ changing for activities/ personal hygiene.
· to escort the child around school.
· providing specialist support to the child in line with an EHCP or planned provision detailed on their provision map, under the direction of the teacher
· having daily contact with parents as part of normal consultative and educational process.
· deliver pre-planned programmes of work i.e. Speech & Language or Occupational Therapy, under the direction of a teacher.
· developing and preparing appropriate curriculum materials, under the direction of the teacher.
They will be required to work under the guidance of teaching staff.
Applications are to be made via WM Jobs only.
Sandwell Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS clearance is required for this role.
30 hours per week, term time (Fixed term until 31 August 2019)
Band B SCP 9 - 13 £16,755 - £17,391 per annum pro rata (£8.68 - £9.01 per hour) plus a Living Wage supplement to £8.75 per hour, payable from 1 April 2018.
Dudhill Road, Rowley Regis B65 8HS
Friday 19th October 2018Supporting documents